Building the Next-Generation Enterprise
Digital transformation is not about technology—it’s about change. And it is not whether that change will come, but a question of when and how. In the new digital economy, many enterprises won’t succeed by merely tweaking the management practices that led to past success. To thrive in a digitized universe, businesses of all sizes will need to reinvent themselves and substantially change their organizations. Yet leaders often lack a common language to assess the degree of threat that digital disruption poses to their business, and—more importantly—the language to create a compelling vision for their enterprise’s success.
In this research, Weill and Woerner identify six key questions to inform an enterprise’s transformation strategy:
- What is the digital threat and opportunity?
- Which business model is best for your enterprise’s future?
- What is your digital competitive advantage?
- How will you connect using mobile and IOT?
- Do you have the crucial capabilities to reinvent the enterprise?
- Do you have the leadership to make the transformation happen?